Is Member of SharePoint Group

Hi Team,

Do we have a way to validate current user is part of SharePoint group in Nintex workflow Cloud?

Thanks,

Krish

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Krishna521,

I think you are talking about SharePoint online, then:

I am not sure if there is a ms graph web service for, if yes, simply use the "call a webservice" function in NWC. 

Or one other easy  is, to build a small process for it, I attach a screenshot of what I built  (it is not tested, but it should do the job)

1) I got every member from the site collection with the action: Get members of a SharePoint group

2) I loop through the object which I got from the previous action.

3) Use a "run if" action, to check if the user is in the collection and if yes a set a boolean to yes.

Thanks for your response. This requirement is to visible control based on the logged in user.

In Nintex form we have function called IsMember, but I was not able to similar function in Task form.

So I thought of setting the value by checking logged in user in SharePoint user group in a variable and add rule to visible/hide.

Do you have any suggestions?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Krishna521

which Product do you use, Nintex Workflow Cloud or Nintex for O365?

Cheers

Sven

Nintex Workflow Cloud

Is there any easy way to check user membership on NWC task form?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Krishna521,

I am afraid, there is no such easy way, there are also some restriction from Microsoft, why this is not easy to accomplish from our side.