Including image via tag in Word Document template

• 12 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi community,

I've spend hours trying to fix and issue that is either a Nintex bug or just illogical. I'm sing NWC.

In the Generate Document action I've created an image, using a URL as the access method. The image is absolutely accessible to anyone on the web. I've tried putting the image in Dropbox, OneDrive and in the image folder of an website. If I login to an incognito window in Chrome they all display fine, but all fail in Nintex.

I open the document tagger, copy the tag, and paste into my word doc. But the program keeps crapping out when trying to insert it. Although the error message is as useless a flyscreen on a submarine, I know it's the image insertion that's causing the problem because if I remove that tag, it works just fine.

I've attached some screenshots and any help would be really appreciated.

To anyone from Nintex reading this, it would be really useful if you had some error messages that were actually helpful, rather than the one I received which tells me nothing. It's cost the organisation a lot of time and money trying to resolve this.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Brett,

Are you able to provide the export key to your workflow? It'll be the fastest way to help to drill down into what is going wrong.

You can reach me at kate.huynh@nintex.com if you don't want to share the export key publicly.

Regards,

Kate Huynh

Hi Kate,

Included the export key below, but there is now an even more serious issue. An 'assign a task' form, which has been working for weeks and unchanged for weeks, is now failing to load. It just spins forever.

You can test this by executing without entering anything on the component parameters screen, and then trying to complete form 1. Seems like the entire workflow we've spend hundred of hours on is now corrupt. Very depressing. Hope someone can help. Maybe if that can be fixed we can move on to the other issue.

Export key:   NkqZNhcZUM5fYytqdHThipPtCrMtD42VqbUTBrzwWTj4Hsbx6

Brett.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Brett,

The team have helped me to track back the issue, and it has to do with the Image URL in the Images configuration of your Generate Documents action.
Instead of:
https://brettgaborit-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/brett_brettgaborit_onmicrosoft_com/EdXx_619rVVMvbKokEejhi0BWFnQB5CVZEdCpY2tN4vwLA?e=bRHF8D 

You need to reference the image directly (with the image name and .jpg extension in the URL), like this:
https://brettgaborit-my.sharepoint.com/personal/brett_brettgaborit_onmicrosoft_com/Documents/finance.jpg

I will ensure the Help documentation is updated so it is clearer.

Regarding your Assign a task failure to load - I'm afraid I can't replicate what you're experiencing; After kicking off the workflow, I receive the task email which lets me load the form.

Can I recommend that you raise a support ticket for this? They will be better placed to help you drill down into the specific instance much better than here in Community.

In the Automate tab, navigate to the offending instance, and you should see a Create support ticket button.

Regards,

Kate