Call web service to external system not saving settings and no options...

Badge +2

I am attempting to make a call to our BMC Remedy ITSM environment to submit a request.  When I do so, I am able to put in the URL, and then the username and password.  Once I click on "Refresh" I get the only web method associated to that web service, and select it.

Next comes the hard part...

When I select SOAP builder, I do not get any options underneath it.  When I select SOAP editor, I also do not get any options. This occurs in Microsoft Edge, IE 11, FireFox ESR 52, and Chrome.

SOAP Builder SelectedSOAP Editor Selected

Then, once I click on Save, I am able to open it back up, and the Editor is there and allows me to put in my SOAP Envelope, but I am unable to select the Web Method, and it is greyed out.  When I click "Refresh" again, it will give me the web method, but I do not get the options below it again. BUT, my soap envelope, contains the web method, so I figured I did not need it.   But, on submit, I get an error of missing web method piece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have never experienced problem like this, but following namespace definition seems to me suspiciouos

213787_pastedImage_1.png

so you use 'urn' as a namespace name as well as kind of service locator. I affraid of that might be confusing for the parser.

could you try to change namespace name?

Badge +2

Well it was actually a copy of the envelope from SoapUI that returned a success.  So I copied the entire envelope and pasted it into the SOAP editor, when the editor would display.

The main issue is that it will never select a web method in the UI so it won't even pass the envelope yet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if that definition is taken over directly from WSDL, I can imagine  nintex has problems to process it, so it doesn't allow you to configure WS call action.

if you've chance to change web service WSDL definition I would try it.

if not, I'd report it to

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

... or since you seem to be familiar with SoapUI, you might try to create a web service with this tool and play with different WSDL definitions to prove or rule out it's the root cause of the problems.

Badge +2

Ok so I tried something -- When I refresh the web service and select the Web method I need, then click on Run Now.  I receive a window to put the test envelope in (with no modifications)....and it works.

The problem is, when I need to use the SOAP editor in the call web service, it doesn't appear when I have the web method selected.  So it looks like if the web method would stay and give me the soap editor box, I could then insert my variables I need in the envelope and get a successful call.  

From looking at the documentation, when you select SOAP Builder or SOAP Editor it will give you options, it still does not and I have tried a few other web service URLs and still gives me no options.  But, I have seen that the only documentation I can find on this is using web services inside of SharePoint.

Our workflow version: Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.2.5.0) - English

Nintex Support‌ 

EDIT:

When I run an HTML console on the browser I get the following error messages when clicking on refresh, and when swapping between the two options.

HTTP404 -- This is when I click on the refresh button

Unable to get property -- is after I select the radio buttons

So apparently there is something not loading or missing and then when the radio buttons make a call the child nodes of the div that contains the soap builder/editor are not found and are unable to be referenced.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I would see following possible reasons

- wrong/corrupted installation

- missing sufficient permission on top level site

- some reports weird behavior if there is missing top level site collection (eg. https://community.nintex.com/message/77410-re-list-lookup-not-working-message-loading?commentID=77410#comment-77410 )

- bug in that specific release

Badge +2

Thank you for the suggestions, I will dig into those and see what I find.  happy.png