Solved

How to rename the file name?

• 19 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

Here's my explanation.

I have a submission form using Nintex Workflow Cloud and a file upload control.

After submit, we can get the file from "Start Event" default property from Nintex Workflow Cloud.

My question is..

Is it possible to rename the file before upload to SharePoint Online Document Library ?

I can't seem to find a way within NWC to rename the file.

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by rickdemarco 21 May 2021, 08:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Hi kenzie,

You can't rename the file at this point however we are working on a rename a file action which will be coming in the next couple of months.

Cheers, Rick

Hi, I am a newbie to WFC but needed to rename a file we created from an online form. I was able to get it to work (we are using OneDrive w/ the DocGen action) by using a 'get a file' action after the document was created, then using 'store a file' and storing it with the new name. I see similar actions under sharepoint, but am not sure if they would work the same.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi kenzie,

You can't rename the file at this point however we are working on a rename a file action which will be coming in the next couple of months.

Cheers, Rick

Hi Rick, is there a reason the rename a file doesn’t preserve the extension of the file? I had to do a regular expression and then jump through unnecessary hoops just to rename a file?