How to clear or remove all unused variables from a Nintex Workflow?

• 7 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

How do I clear or remove all unused variables from a Nintex Workflow? I declared several variables thinking I would use them but really don't need them now. I don't want to go through the laborious task of identifying and deleting the variables one by one manually... Does Nintex Workflow have the intelligence to identify and remove all unused variables through a command or some sort of action?

Ā 

Thanks and regards,

Smita

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There is currently no way to mass remove unused variables. You can see if a workflow variable is in use under details(see below), to help find variables that are unused. Just to understand, is there a reason you need to declare all the variables before use?

Hello Leighburke,
I am aware of the details section of the variable that shows if it is used and gives an option to delete it. In my case, I did not declare the variables ahead of time, but somewhere down the line, my workflow design changed a bit which rendered the previously declared and used variables redundant. There were quite a few of these and deleting them one by one did no seem practical and thought there should be a better way or some kind of built-in intelligence within NWC for handling it.

Regards,
Smita

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@smita Thank you for the additional detail, I will raise this internally for you but it not a feature on our near-term roadmap. You could also raise this on our uservoice(https://nintex.uservoice.com). Thank you again for your feedback.