Solved

How to associate Nintex workflow cloud Form to sharepoint online list

• 10 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Yes I am a newbie with Nintex Workflow Cloud.  😂  Even the simple stuff is still getting in my way.

icon

Best answer by ghaiashish 11 May 2021, 15:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @kentjg ,

Tell me a little more about what you want to do with your NWC workflow. Are you collecting data in an NWC form that you would like to store in an SharePoint Online list?

If so, the first thing you'll want to do is set up your SharePoint Online connection in NWC. Here a link to information about how to do that: SharePoint Online Connector 

Once you've created your SharePoint Online connection, you'll be able to use SharePoint Online actions in your workflow to save data to a list. You can learn more about using SharePoint Online actions in NWC workflows here: SharePoint Online actions 

If you'd like a NWC workflow to be triggered by an event on a list in SharePoint Online, you can use a SharePoint Online start event. NWC workflows can be triggered when items are created or modified or for both events. Learn more here: SharePoint Online Start Events 

If you have created a Nintex form on your SharePoint Online list, you can continue to use that form while leveraging NWC for workflow. This can be achieved with the SharePoint Online Start Events as mentioned above.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please reply if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Andrea

Badge +1

Well I switched from (Nintex Form) Start event: Form to (Connectors) SharePoint Online Event: SharePoint – New list item. I was able to connect to my SharePoint Online site and list but when I clicked New it came up with the out-of-box SharePoint form.  I expected that it would use the form I create in Nintex. ☹️

Now I switched back to (Nintex Form) Start event: Form and found my form is gone ☹️.

Is there any way to recover it?

I am trying to follow the instructions from the links you sent to me… What am I missing?

In the past I created Nintex forms and workflow from within SharePoint 2013… now we have migrated to the cloud and I am trying to use the new Nintex Workflow Cloud to both create the form and the workflow… and hopefully associate them with my SharePoint Online site and list.

Regards,

Jamie Kent

Userlevel 2

Hi

I need to answer a few of your questions, firstly you have lost your start even form because you changed the start event from start form to connector

You can recover the old form+workflow from top menu 'version history'

Click on the version which you think had the form and re-publish 

Now coming to your second question, "Nintex workflow cloud" implementations are independent of underlying platforms like SharePoint but provide a lot more flexibility being able to use with many systems like Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, Google platform, Twilo...... and can work on its own. This gives designers many options for implementation. Nintex forms and workflows on SP 2013 are native of SharePoint work only on SharePoint.

I am not sure of what you are trying achieve, there are two ways:

1) Nintex Workflow start event form to trigger workflow and write all entered data to SharePoint list. For initiating/displaying form, you can use new NWC WebPart for SharePoint. In this you don't need to start from the SharePoint list. Once the user submits the form, workflow will write data back to your SharePoint list

2) Start the workflow from SharePoint list (item creation or modification), you create or modify a standard list item and that will trigger the workflow. This is done with SharePoint OOTB list form

If you want to have exactly the same functionality as SharePoint 2013 you can explore the option of using "Nintex for O365" , but that carries a risk of getting obsolete, if Microsoft makes SharePoint 2013 workflow engine redundant on SharePoint Online

Hope I am able to answer your questions, let me know if you need any further assistance

Kind Regards,
Ashish 

Badge +1

Okay I got the form back from one of the earlier versions 🙂

Your explanation was much clearer than the previous information I read.  I get it that you are all totally focused on all of the new connectors and the way that gives your software a broader reach and no doubt more customers.  But I feel like the documentation/web sessions/training screams the "good news" and has not delivered the information as clearly as you did in your reply to me... one of your current SharePoint customers.  Perhaps the information is posted or shared in the sessions I attended but I feel Nintex needs to inform their existing SharePoint customer base in a way that doesn't get buried in the "good news".

I am grateful for your explanation and now I can focus on the solution in a more productive fashion.  I will share this information with the rest of my team.

"Now coming to your second question, "Nintex workflow cloud" implementations are independent of underlying platforms like SharePoint but provide a lot more flexibility being able to use with many systems like Salesforce, Dynamics CRM, Google platform, Twilo...... and can work on its own. This gives designers many options for implementation. Nintex forms and workflows on SP 2013 are native of SharePoint work only on SharePoint.

I am not sure of what you are trying achieve, there are two ways:

1) Nintex Workflow start event form to trigger workflow and write all entered data to SharePoint list. For initiating/displaying form, you can use new NWC WebPart for SharePoint. In this you don't need to start from the SharePoint list. Once the user submits the form, workflow will write data back to your SharePoint list

2) Start the workflow from SharePoint list (item creation or modification), you create or modify a standard list item and that will trigger the workflow. This is done with SharePoint OOTB list form

If you want to have exactly the same functionality as SharePoint 2013 you can explore the option of using "Nintex for O365" , but that carries a risk of getting obsolete, if Microsoft makes SharePoint 2013 workflow engine redundant on SharePoint Online