Creating a Webpage from a workflow

• 2 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

Maybe this has already been asked in the past and my google-fu is weak, if someone could provide some insight that would be great.

I have an announcements (Discussion) list that I want to do the following with:

When a new announcement is created, I would like a Nintex workflow to kick off and create a new webpage based on the title of the announcement and the page contains the body of the announcement.

Example:

Title of announcement = Capital restructure (Subject) gets created in /lists/blah with multiple lines of text for the body.

When this is submitted, I would like the webpage "capital restructure.aspx" to be created in /sites/pages with the body of the page to contain the body of the announcement (discussion).

Has anyone (I am sure someone has) done this before and if so some direction in how to go about this

Thanks

Rob

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

within 'create item' (or create item in another site) action, if you choose 'create item in' destination as 'site pages' you should be provided with content types that this library supports, eg. wiki page in may example

does this help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you are using SharePoint 2013 or later, can I suggest you look into using the Product Catalog feature?

It's a great way of authoring content in one place and publishing it in another, it will create your friendly URL's for you, and once implemented there's very little maintenance, I've just been setting it up for this very purpose myself.

Have a read of this article.

SharePoint 2013 Product Catalog is NOT just for Products | Sharegate

If you need content approval then you can create your workflow on your catalog list.

Badge +1

Thanks for the help grin.png

Once I had a look at tis action it became self explanatory and works perfectly

Cheers

Rob