Fonts suddenly not rendering properly

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Not sure if I should post this here or submit a support ticket, but over the last few days I've noticed that the fonts I use for NWC forms aren't rendering properly when launched from production. I typically use either Lato or Open Sans font for my forms, and they look fine when designing the form, but when the form is actually launched in production, everything renders in Arial font. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

This isn't a huge deal (at least it isn't rendering in Comic Sans or something!), but I'd prefer to be able to see the fonts I've selected. I was wondering if this might be a result of something in the latest release, because it started just within the last few days.

Edit: I thought it might be browser-related but the behavior occurs in both Edge and Firefox.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @DavidAD 

What do you see in the link? NWC Form  (NWC Trial will expire in 15 days, so will the link)

I am getting the Open San font set. Edge is v103, Chrome is v103

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

What I'm seeing looks like Arial to me. I just updated my Edge browser to v103 but that didn't make any difference.

Screenshot:

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yup, what you are seeing is Arial

Try on another device. If its still the same then submit a ticket.

I suspect that the Web Font is not being download when displaying as a Production form.

Could possible caused by the new NWC updates NWC Release Notes 

Its render correctly on my system as I have install both Lato and Open Sans in my System Font.

Hopefully other users can also feedback which font that they are seeing and which browsers they are using?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks, @Garrett. I asked a co-worker to pull up a form on her desktop and she got the same result.

I agree that the issue may be an artifact of the new release, specifically the "accessibility improvements for runtime forms." I'll submit a ticket.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hey @DavidAD Here is how you can get confirmation.

Open Chrome Developer Tools -> Network -> Font.

Load the Form Designer.  Open Sans is downloaded.

Open Chrome Developer Tools -> Network -> Font.

Load the Published Form.  No Fonts is downloaded.

Since no Open Sans font is being downloaded, as per CSS directive, the next available font is used.

["Open Sans", "Helvetica", "Arial", sans-serif]

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks, @Garrett. I'm not using Chrome, I'm using Edge. But of course it has an equivalent which I opened. Looks like Open Sans is not loaded.

Not sure why it's suddenly necessary, though. Anyway, I have a call with support later today and maybe we'll get it sorted out. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hey @DavidAD , you're welcome and hope your font issue gets resolved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I spoke with support yesterday and he was able to replicate the problem on his end. He's going to turn it in to the developers as it does appear to be a bug of some kind.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully there is some bug bounty for you!