Not applicable

Feedback / Suggestions Nintex Cloud

As a Nintex partner, I have been playing with the Nintex Cloud preview, together with a customer that already works with Nintex Workflow for SharePoint. It was just a (part of a) day, but the following is a list of suggestions for Nintex Cloud. My role on this playground was to assess the API part of Nintex Cloud.

Nintex Cloud functionality:

• Connector for O365/SharePoint online/OneDrive/OneDrive for Business?
  • Be able to (temporarily) disable an activity in a WF.
  • See custom activity names in Dashboard instance details / Instance Activities. The 'CurrentDateTime.execute 1.5' gives no clue which CurrentDateTime activity logged the activity.
  • Importing / exporting workflow (moving to another tenant or reusing parts).
  • Visual activity view of Workflow (what activities have been visited in the currently running workflow).
  • Activity logging/history.
  • 'Wait until datetime' and 'Wait specified amount of time' activity (although this can be simulated with a loop and current datetime variable).
  • Wait for document upload activity (for example: wait for upload of file to connected storage - Hopefully with Azure Blob storage!).

I'd like to see improvements with the Nintex Cloud API. Currently, It's only possible to start a WF with start data using the API. I'd like to be able to get much more information about workflows and instances, for example for dashboarding and custom API use (abstracting the WF engine for consumer apps).

Regarding Nintex Cloud API:

• Get overview of published workflows via API
  • Get overview of all/specific workflow instances via API
  • Get overview of completed/failed WF instances via API
  • Stop a WF instance via API
  • Pause / continue WF instance via API
  • Get state of WF instance ('what stage is it in?'), errors and history.
  • Get variables of a WF instance via API
  • Get activity history (what activities have been visited and with decision / approval information)
  • Change variable of a WF instance via API
  • Import/export WF via API
  • Construct a WF or change a WF via API

Victor Vogelpoel - GeONE B.V.

Tags (2)
5 Replies
renai_bell
Apprentice

Re: Feedback / Suggestions Nintex Cloud

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your comprehensive list of feedback. We welcome all feedback, and you'll be happy to know that many of these items are already on our road map. We are continuing to receive feedback during our Advance Preview, which we are taking into consideration as we prioritize the work we plan to take on in the coming months.

Thanks!

patrickabel
Apprentice

What level of integration does NWC have in mind for O365/OD4B? I'm surprised to not see this as a connector out of the gate.

I was just dabbling with the external start feature and noticed that I had no way of interacting with lists, calendars, etc.

renai_bell
Apprentice

Thanks for your feedback. We actually released the Microsoft OneDrive for Business connector last night, so you should now find that in your list of available connectors and actions.

Regarding O365, we don't currently have a connector out of the box but we do support external start, which allows the designer to trigger a workflow from an external source, as well as the ability to query a web service. We are looking at whether to build an O365 connector or build different functionality that may solve some of the same use cases, so any scenarios or feedback you have to understand the need for this would be greatly appreciated.

patrickabel
Apprentice

Thanks for the response Renai Bell‌!

My question really spawns from some experimentation with NWC's external start feature. I am LOVING the ability to initiate workflows from any third-part system, but at the same time work closely with Office 365 and was hoping to consume that third-party input into O365's calendar, SPO lists, etc.

renai_bell
Apprentice

Thanks Patrick, this is helpful! What systems are you currently using with external start?