INfoPath Form Multiple Destination Users

• 24 April 2009
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Folks,

Here another problem with K2. Yesterday only, i told that everything was working but it is not. In my workflow i have multiple destination users and each user has to approve or atlest one person has to reject. If one person approves the form by adding some comments and documents. The other person in same activity group not able to see his/her changes and attached documents.

When i it goes to next activity approver once every one in previous activity approvers. The next approver can able to see the changes what ever last person changes only.

How can i handle the situation? Give me some ideas. It is really Urgent.

Thanks for your time

3 replies

Badge +4

Do you just have one line going to the activity, and one out, with multiple destination users?

If so, that seems like it's not really going to work.  I would suggest, first, determine the order in which individuals will need to approve/reject, and have them do it sequentially (multiple activities).

If you're insistent on having multiple approvers within the same activity who can see when one person modifies it, I would suggest trying this...

Create data within the XML to record who has approved it thus far.

Maybe have an outcome line that just points back at the same activity, with the line rule of doing this anytime the activity is "approved" but not all people have approved it yet (also make a submit rule in InfoPath that when it is submitted as approved, the XML data for whatever user has approved it gets set).

Make another outcome line that is when outcome = approved AND all XML data points for each approval-giver are set, and have that be the one that moves on in the process.

The looping back line should take care of updating the process status and letting the next person to check it see the changes made by the previous approver.

This doesn't seem to me like the best way to model a process; it is kind of hack-ish in my opinion and leaves room for like, multiple people making changes at the same time and trying to submit, etc., but it might work for you.

Badge +6
Thanks for your Reply. I will try and get back to you.
Badge +9

please see this post, which is on the same thing:

http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/29686.aspx