Solved

Export Workflow to File?

• 8 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there a way in NWC to export the Workflow to a file?  It seems the Export function just provides a key for you to copy to another tenant and that only last 3 days.    Google results talk about a .NWF file but it appears to be related to SharePoint workflow only. 

icon

Best answer by jeffs 9 September 2020, 18:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@jeffs That is correct there is no way to download a Workflow file for NWC and export keys are used if it needs to be moved around. Was there a reason you needed the file?

Thanks @leighburke for the confirmation. I'm documenting a demo for my colleagues and I'd like to give them all the assets rather than have they recreate the whole workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@jeffs Could you just keep a copy of the workflow everyone has access to and provide a link to where it lives instead. That way anyone can go in and export it to where they need it.

@leighburke  I think that's what I'll need to do.  Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Only three days of sharing is actually a bit of a pain. I also share with external users - like here on the Nintex community - and then 3 days is not going to work. A choice between 3 days / 3 weeks or 3 months would be more of help to be honest.

Badge +6

@leighburke , since there is no way to recover a deleted NWC workflow, no export/import function,  nor any way to archive for future use, there is no possible way to back up workflows on this platform. It would sure be nice to have at least one of these - as it stands, I'm not going to use it for anything mission-critical until there's something I can use. Ha, and I just noticed, there's auto-save on this comment, something else I'd dearly love to see in NWC.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@AnneC 

Being able to export/import to a file would be good from a backup perspective and you could suggest that on uservoice. https://nintex.uservoice.com/ 

Another idea is that you could spin up an additional NWC tenancy against your license / customer.

For your mission critical workflows when they are published you could export the workflow and then import into your 2nd NWC tenancy. They could just be parked there left as draft for a rainy day.