fremwob
Nintex Newbie

Error 500 in Document Creation Step when Lookup results from SP list in PDF file name

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

 

I have a Lookup to a sharepoint list of names. I can pass the selected name to the document tagger and to an email just fine. 

 

If I include it in the file name of a document generation the flow fails on error 500.

 

500 - {"requestId":"5f45b705e4b097cd39316557","message":"Internal failure while handling request"}

Instance ID: de5d3181-adaa-405c-b769-f51c92088310_1_1

 

Checking the instance details I see a "\r" after the selected name. This is not coming through in the email or tagged document. But I'm wondering if maybe this element is somehow getting into the 'create pdf' step. PDF's can't have a "\" in the name so that could be causing the error if that's what's happening. 

 

My list doesn't have \r after the names so I'm guessing this is some normal aspect of a lookup. Wondering why I can't find anyone else with the issue though. 

0 Kudos
Reply
3 Replies
fremwob
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error 500 in Document Creation Step when Lookup results from SP list in PDF file name

Jump to solution
Hmmm...now I'm thinking the \r might represent a line break.

Somehow it's getting into my list or into nintex.

I'm now googling how to trim a sharepoint list.

I check the original SQL source and put a trim in there first just in case.
0 Kudos
Reply
fremwob
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error 500 in Document Creation Step when Lookup results from SP list in PDF file name

Jump to solution
I added a trim to the originating sql and no difference.

Then added a trim to the flow that took the sql csv and put the data into the sharepoint list and still no difference.

Now thinking to look at json formatting options in sharepoint itself.
0 Kudos
Reply
fremwob
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error 500 in Document Creation Step when Lookup results from SP list in PDF file name

Jump to solution
Instead I passed the output of the lookup to a 'create a string' variable and then output that in the file name and it's working.

View solution in original post

Reply