Solved

Dynamic form options for drop-downs

• 14 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Is it not possible to create a form with dynamic options in the dropdowns based on certain criteria.
For example; i have a dropdown with 20 different options. When selecting one of these the options of another dropdown should change accordingly. I realize that i could create 20 new groups and make them visible according to the users selection. However, that just seems to tedious and frankly not that dynamic. Am i missing something here?

Additionally i am wondering why it is not possible to dynamically update the options in the forms without manually doing it - here i mean it should be possible to extract data through API requests daily for example.

icon

Best answer by eharris04 16 January 2020, 10:30

View original

3 replies

Badge +17

At the moment this is not possible due to no backend source to connect the dropdown to. You can do cascading but the options in the drop downs would still be static, thus not changing. 

What are you trying to filter out?

Badge +1

Cascading might be a solution. How would you create that in Workflow Cloud? I can only find articles on it for Sharepoint.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @MRT , you will be able to achieve this using the data lookup control that was released a few months after your original post.

You can find more information on it here.

Please keep in mind that we're expanding what data sources we can connect to - the list grows every week!