Solved

Default a Data lookup value based on condition

• 26 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

NWC form.. I'm trying to set a default value for a Data lookup control based on a selection chosen on the selection made on another data lookup value. 

The regular choice field has the option to set "Default Value" but not Data lookups.. 

is there a way I can achieve that in NWC form? 

icon

Best answer by butlerj 28 September 2020, 16:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@cmikhaiel_e you are correct, there currently is not a way to set a default value for the Data Lookup control, however I do have a User Voice post for this functionality that you could add your votes to here: https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/430063-5-nintex-workflow-cloud/suggestions/41499715-default-value-for-data-lookup

Feel free to throw in some comments on how you would think the control should behave if my description doesn't line up with your use case.

Badge +9
Thanks @butlerj for looking into it and creating the user voice. I like the description that you provided. You got my 3 votes..
I feel NWC forms still have long ways to go to catch up with the features in O365 and on prem.. Hopefully Nintex development team is giving some more love and attention to the cloud forms/workflows..
Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@cmikhaiel_e yeah now that object support is completed and released into NWC I know there are quite a few updates coming to NWC forms here in the next couple months:

• Draft forms (save and continue)

• Submission tracking post submission

• Repeating sections

• Improvements to data sources (hopefully this request will be included)

Definitely keep your eyes on the Beamer feed within NWC here in the near future.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@butlerj 

that's a great list of features on the way.

I'm really hoping that user context on the start forms makes the list too.