AnneC
Forms Fledgling

Date Format Mismatches

Jump to solution

I am putting a date in a list using NWC, and trying to build a site workflow comparing the date stored to the current date. I want to pull any items with a date less than today's date. 

In the site workflow, I created a variable to store the current date, then in the O365 list query, I set it to look for any items with dates less than the variable and send them to a collection. My sample data has 2 items with dates less than today, and one in the future, so this should be pulling the two items.

However, I got an empty collection. So I logged the date variable and the collection items and here's the results:

AnneC_0-1610472163064.png

It displays correctly in my list:

AnneC_1-1610473078500.png

The only reason I can see that it wouldn't work is the date formats, but there's no way to change that on the variable or in NWC, at least not that I can find. 

TIA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
leighburke
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Date Format Mismatches

Jump to solution

@AnneC So is the issue only happening if the date is coming from NWC? Dates manually added on the list work?

0 Kudos
AnneC
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Nope, the problem appears to be when I use O365 Query List. SP Query List works with the same data. Problem is, SP query doesn't allow a variable for the list name, O365 does. The items in my list have libraries associated with each item, and I want to also update each library, not just the list item. The list item has a field for the library name that I intended to pass to O365 query. Right now, I am using the explicit name in O365 to test and troubleshoot just one thing at a time.

0 Kudos
AnneC
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Got it! The problem was the date format. I had to enter the variable for today's date using "Advanced Lookup" in the filter, and changing the format from String to ISO. And it only took 24 tries, lol.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos