Solved

Data lookup not working when form is published

• 8 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi all - I'm very new to NWC, so I concede that I may just be overlooking some simple step.

I've developed a form with a Data lookup field that queries a SharePoint Online list. Everything (data source, connector) seems to be set up fine, and when I test the workflow the lookup works perfectly and provides a dropdown of the choices from the list.

However, when I publish the workflow and run it, the field is empty - the dropdown says "No data provided."

What's happening here?

Thanks for any help that can be given.

icon

Best answer by leighburke 8 December 2020, 22:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@DavidAD I would suggest reaching out to support(support@nintex.com)for this issue. When the product isn't working as expected they are the best place to reach out first.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks, @leighburke. I did contact support and they were able to help me.

I have faced the same issue and it got resolved after I delete the existing list.

I have completely created new data sources with new lists for the same data and mapped to data lookup column. It was working fine for me.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Angay Thanks! That's good that you found a solution. In my case the problem seemed to be related to the fact that I changed the name of the default Title column in the SharePoint list, and so NWC could no longer "find" that column. I thought I had changed the column name first, but evidently I didn't. In any case my lookup is working fine now too.