Send multiple Emails from a SharePoint list

• 15 December 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I'm new to K2/BP and writing my first workflow.

The workflow is set to trigger when a new item is added to a SharePoint list. The list item includes a column named Participants. The column is populated by using the people picker in SharePoint to select one or more AD accounts to include in the column. K2 is able to send the email without a problem using the Email SmartObject if only one entry is made in the list item column. Anymore than one entry and K2 errors with a format error. The item is in the format of domain/userid;domain/userid;domain/userid... and so on. What I'm wanting to do is be able to send the email to all the participants - and here's the fun part - I need to be able to do this without code and our IT/Sec group does not allow me (or K2) to be a full admin was there is a limit as to what we can do with AD accounts.

Looking in the Professional K2 blackpearl (wrox) book on page 850, I'm thinking this might be a way to handle this. One other thing to toss into this mess, we do not have InfoPath.

Any suggestions?

2 replies

Badge +9

From what I understand, multiple destinations need to be specified as an XML field or retrieved as a SmartObject GetList method.  I believe I logged an enhancement to support CSV strings but I think it is not implemented yet.

Badge +1

Thanks Johnny. That's kind of what we were thinking we'd need to do, but we're hoping for something better from K2. For an application that's advertised as "no code" there are some very big limitations when code is not used, even for very simple functions. I sure hope the next release resolves some of these issues. Thanks for responding and have a Merry Chrstimas.