time-out workflow task

• 9 September 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello all,
We are building an online workflow with multiple tasks.
Because on of our requirments is to evaluate all processed/finished tasks I would like to know what the standard time-out time is for a workflow task.
What is the max time that a workflow can be active? (30days?)

Can we extend/change this time period?
I found mulitple anwers but I need to know for sure.
This workflow will be very important for our company.
Hope someone can help me with the correct answers.
Thanks in Advance!

3 replies

Badge +17

@jant82 you mentioned online, but are you referring to SharePoint online of just cloud-based workflows with Nintex Workflow Cloud. Those are two different things and the answer is dependent on which platform you are referring to. 

Badge +3

@eharris04 Thanks for your message.
We work with SharePoint Online and Nintex Wokflow for Office 365 (version 1.0.4.3).
Greets Jan

Badge +3

I received the reaction below:

Hello Jan,

Thanks for reaching out to Nintex support.
My name is Bernard, I'm one of the support engineers based in our London office.

As long as the workflow tasks does not have a due date, then the workflow can stay active until someone approves or rejects the task.
Also if the task the workflow is running on still exists, then the workflow instance shall remain active till whenever action required to end it is performed.
However please be aware of SharePoint online throttling as documented by Microsoft via https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/how-to-avoid-getting-throttled-or-blocked-in-sharepoint-online?redirectedfrom=MSDN

If there are no further questions I will mark this case as closed.

Many thanks
Bernard