New to K2.net 2003...

• 12 May 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am fairly new to K2.net 2003 so this may seem like a bunch of pretty basic questions. 

I am looking at a particular process that we currently use.  It contains an infopath workflow (starts out with two boxes 'Start' -> 'Product Form Submission'), which has a default line template running to another infopath activity.  In the rule leaving the 'Product Form Submission' activity, the code in the line rules access some ':' delimenated field in the K2.StringTable like this:

string strVar = K2.StringTable["Some Name"];
 string[] strVarRA = strVar.Split(new Char[] {':'});

Ok here is my question. I wanna change this from looking at a ':' delimenated string list to a group of users I created in Active Directory.  Can someone point me to maybe an example or tutorial that might explain how to do this?  Maybe in the StringTable I just place the name of the AD group where my ':' delimenated list should be?

J

1 reply

Badge +9

I think you're on the right path.  The code you will need to write is not specific to K2, but instead the same .NET code you would write to interact with AD from any .NET app.  I like the idea of keeping it configurable by putting the group name in the string table field.  If you would like an example of writing .NET code against AD, then you might check out the blackmarket project: http://k2underground.com/k2/ProjectHome.aspx?ProjectID=1.  This is the 'AD Searcher Web Service' that provides some searching ability.  Technically it doesn't have anything to do with K2, as it is a standalone service that simply returns AD data, but it was developed with the intent to be leveraged by K2.net 2003 to make getting data from AD easier.

One question I do have is, why are users being queried in a Line Rule?  There might be a valid reason to do so, but generally users are interacted within a Destination Rule.