Solved

Choice - Single or Multiple (Fill in) for drop down

• 25 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Support,

Just a suggestion, is a fill-in option for drop downs when using the Choice - Single / Multiple action coming any time soon? It's great that we can do it for when it is a radio button we can enter a fill-in field but as soon as we switch it to a drop - down list it removes this ability. @EuanGamble thoughts? 

Reason for this is that I want to hide my options (I have 16 for the territories in my country) but still want to give the user the ability to enter a specific fill-in location if desired.

Regards,

Bryce Saavedra 

icon

Best answer by EuanGamble 26 February 2020, 05:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @BryceSaavedra,

Thanks for reaching out and letting me know about your requirement. We have added this to the backlog but is not scheduled at this time.

Cheers,
Euan

Any updates on this? It would be FANTASTIC to be able to offer a 'Fill-in' option for drop-down choice lists. It is available for Radio Buttons, but not Drop-down Lists - weird?

For example, I am building a Nintex 365 Form to help HR on-board new starters.

We have approx 35 Job Titles so it needs to be a drop-down list. I also need to let HR enter their own value as and when new roles are defined. 

Currently I do this with a hidden text box, that is visible if the value 'other' is chosen in the list.  This results in another column requirement in the SharePoint List, and makes workflows that call the Job Title really tricky to write

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Keith-EHA,

This is in our backlog of features but not scheduled at this time. I would recommend putting in an idea into User Voice (https://nintex.uservoice.com/). When an idea is put into User Voice, we provide updates on the status of an idea.

Cheers,

Euan