Instructions on how to use default SmartActions anywhere?

• 23 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +8
Interestingly, I can't find any documentation on how to use the delegate or redirect SmartActions. What is someone supposed to put in the email to send the task to someone else?

7 replies

Badge +7

Doug, 

Are you building a solution? 

What I am thinking is if you have a workflow and you create actions that can be actioned by email, but what happens after the action is chosen is based on your solution. I created a redirect action in my workflow and it created a new line in the workflow. What happens after that ie send an email, needs to be built.

Add Redirect Action:

16884iD7387BCB059E9CE0.png

Generate Lines for Outcome:

16289iFD34D632820BE1D2.png

IF you want to send an email now, put add an email event and attach the redirect line. 

11269i97517B3F15385741.png

I did this example in K2 Studio. 

If this does not answer your question please reply with more details about the situation you are in. 

Can you give an example of what you are doing? Are you using K2 Studio or Designer or K2 for Sharepoint?

Thank You 

Chad

Badge +8

No. I'm thinking about the basic Worklist capabilities for someone to redirect their task or delegate it to someone else. Built in functionality to K2.

If someone replies in an email "redirect" what other information do they put in there to get it to the right person? Is it an email address, or a user name, or display name... how does that SmartAction work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Is this perhaps the information you are seeking?

• Redirect: Sends the task to another user and removes it from your worklist. To redirect the task, reply with 'redirect [User]' (e.g., redirect bob, redirect bob@denallix.com or redirect K2:denallixob) or simply respond with 'redirect' and specify the target email in the CC line.
• Delegate: Sends a copy of the task to another user so the task remains available on your worklist. To delegate the task, reply with 'delegate [User]' (e.g., delegate bob, delegate bob@denallix.com or delegate K2:denallixob) or simply respond with 'delegate' and specify the target email in the CC line.
• Sleep: Suspends the task for a period of time (until a date/time or in seconds) and removes it from your worklist. To sleep the task, reply with 'sleep [Date/Time]' or 'sleep [Time in Hours]' (e.g., sleep {Now} or sleep 2).

Badge +8

Perfect!! Where did you get that from?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I did not find this in any documentation, but there is a note in the Smartaction email (if you reply with 'help' or 'actions'), it will return this information:

13942iC9DCA82574386E22.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Doug,

The message templates are located in the following location.. .K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinTemplatesMessages.
According to this link these can be updated to include information to fit your organization’s needs. Please make a backup of these files first before applying any changes.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html#K2_SmartActions_K2_Server_Configuration.html

Badge +6

Hi Folks,

I've logged a documentation request with K2 on this. :D