Solved

Can I conditionally attach a file to an Assigned Task message?

• 24 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a Nintex Form where the applicant can select a box to allow their attached documentation to be passed on or not.

In a subsequent assigned task I wish to attach their documentation to the message if the applicant allowed it, but not attach it if they did not.

I could solve this with a branch that leads to two different assigned tasks but I'd rather not consume two very similar forms for two very similar scenarios (particularly since I have parallel tasks that could balloon if I do this).

Can I just conditionally attach the file/s or maybe just empty the "AttachedFile" form variable or perhaps attach a user-defined variable that I set up to contain the attached files or leave empty according to my condition? I've been experimenting with all of those things and have not found any success. Any help would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SMMC_Colby 25 July 2022, 06:47

View original

1 reply

So I finally solved this, I don't know that it's the prettiest solution but it works:

The files that an Applicant attaches in the Form are loaded into the Collection variable "File upload". I made my own Collection variable (that I called vfileDocumentation). If the checkbox was not marked as "Sensitive" then I looped through each uploaded file and added them to my vfileDocumentation Collection.

Then in my Message to the task assignee/s I attach "vfileDocumentation" instead of "File upload":

It is either empty if the Applicant selected "Sensitive" or populated if they didn't.