Attach an item from a Form to a sharepoint 365 list

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I am very new to Nintex and I think I am trying to something simple, but I can't work it out.

We are organising a charity appeal where my company will match donations. I have a form with all the user details fields, users will also need to upload a file as proof of payment and I want to present this image/doc in a sharepoint list with their Name and email address and amount donated, after sending them a confirmation email...

Help!

I've tried a loop for each - but can't work out which variable to put where...

Thank you

Astrid

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey @AstridGibbon 

Based on the screenshot you provided, you have everything where it should be (at least as far as I can tell). When you "Create an Item" in SPO, you will need to store the result (for the ID) in a variable for later to add any attachments. You will need to loop through each item in the file upload control to "Add an attachment to an item" in SPO. We do this in case there are multiple items attached. Lastly, you just need to point the attachment to the correct item (you just created) in your list. 

Here is how I approached it (same way you did 🙂 )

I think you are good to go!

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much.

I have had another go - but it's still not working 😞 I am going to start from scratch and create a simpler form tomorrow and see if I can make it work.

Just to check - (another dumb question) the Variable I am creating in the "Create an Item" in SPO is that at the bottom - the Output Variable or somewhere else?

This is where it is failing...