Gavin-Adams
Process Pupil

Assign a task to multiple users is case sensitive for emails (or MyNintex tasks is)

Hi everyone,  

Thought I would let you know of an issue I've just run into.

It looks like the 'Assign a task to multiple users' action is case sensitive.

We just started using the multi user task action and some users reported that the task was not visible on the mynintex / tasks page. (So this might be a Mynintex / tasks page issue too)

Some of our users have mixed case in their primary email address in Azure AD.

eg AUser@domain.com

When we go to NWC Settings / User management.

All user emails are listed as lower case (eg auser@domain.com) regardless of how it displays in Azure AD.

If I use the traditional 'Assign a task' action to this user.

On the Automate / tasks page it shows the assignee email as lowercase auser@domain.com

If I use the new 'Assign a task to multiple users', on the automate / tasks page it shows as the display case - AUser@domain.com

When this user logs in they only see the tasks from the assign a task action where it is lowercase for their email.

When I test with a user that has lowercase in their primary email in Azure AD it all works ok.

Next stop is raising a support ticket, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels: (1)
3 Replies
callum
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Assign a task to multiple users is case sensitive for emails (or MyNintex tasks is)

Thanks, we're aware of this mismatch with casing of emails, hope to have a fix out for this situation soon.
0 Kudos
Gavin-Adams
Process Pupil

Re: Assign a task to multiple users is case sensitive for emails (or MyNintex tasks is)

Thanks for the confirmation on that one.

I'm still waiting to hear back from support on the ticket I raised yesterday on this.

@leighburke - do we have a page in the community forum for NWC that lists current known issues or limitations?

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos
Gavin-Adams
Process Pupil

Update from support:

Has been raised as a defect.

Hopefully hotfix out in the next week or so.

0 Kudos