Assign a Task - Approving a form

• 23 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there to anyone reading who may be able to help.

I have a form - lets call it 'Form A' - that contains quite a lot of fields (there are 7 pages to this form).

Employee 1 submits this form, which needs to be reviewed and approved by their superior (employee 2).

The problem is, with Express approval, employee 2 gets an email saying 'approve' or 'reject', but there is no way to view Form A. If I include Form A's URL in the email body, this doesn't work as the link tries to resolves to  http://tf_5cc128c4b09d4683af7740c7c1c04362_form_url/  which is just a broken link, I guess because we've moved on from that step in the workflow.  So, unless I'm mistaken, express Approval would require me to present all the data from Form A in the approval email via variables, which would be pretty awful, because, like I said, there are 7 pages to this form with up to 10 fields per page, and I'd need to use variable and loops etc to build HTML tables (which I've done before for a simple form, but this form has way more data).

The other solution I guess is to make the approval form based, but that would require me to duplicate Form A in it's entirety except make it read only, setting the field values as per Form A, with the only fields being input capable the 'approve / reject' radio button and submit. This is also a pain in the proverbial.

Is there an easier solution, or do I need to go down one of these paths I've mentioned?

Cheers, Brett.

2 replies

Since writing this I see the issue and it's really how I've designed the workflow.

Before approving Form A, we have a few other workflow steps that need to execute, this is unavoidable. So I've disabled the decision on Form A, and used Form B for the approval which is later in the workflow, but of course Form A is now step in the past, hence the issue.

Anyway, no need to respond I guess, sorry for wasting anyone's time, still learning the ropes somewhat.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@BrettG If this is a authorised task form, there no way to directly link the form submission. However in My Nintex the initial form can also be seen by the user completing tasks as part of the workflow.

You can set who has permissions in the My Nintex settings.