email chain in command for a reminder workflow

• 22 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

is there a way to set up a chain-in command within a reminder workflow where if the first email receipent of the reminder doesn't respond then it gets pushed to the next person in line?  and if this is possible what needs to be set up before establishing the workflow, sorry very  new at this.  thanks!

3 replies

Badge +7

Dear Denise Morgan

Let's support you have this case:

1- You have 3 Approvers: Approver1, Approver2, Approver3.

2- Workflow starts with Approver1. In case of no answer within 1 day, a delegation should take place and Approver2 is now in action. Again, In case of no answer within 1 day, a delegation should take place and Approver3 is now in action.

Look at my Workflow: 

It's a state machine one where:

Approver1 with 3 outcomes: Approve (Explicit), Reject (Explicit) and Delegated (Implicit)

Approver2 with 3 outcomes: Approve (Explicit), Reject (Explicit) and Delegated (Implicit)

Approver3 with 2 outcomes: Approve (Explicit) and Reject (Explicit)

The delegation type for Approver1 Task is as per the below image:

You can see clearly that if Approver1 will not answer within one day, the outcome of the task will be automatically (Implicitly) set to "Delegated". As per the workflow, a new task is assigned for Approver2....And so on...

Cheers...happy.png

Badge +2

Thanks Philip I will have to try and see if this will work for me, appreciate your help!

Badge +7

So please update me in case you need more details.

Regards,