About granting permission with "Call a SharePoint web service"

I'm using the "Call a SharePoint web service action" feature to grant permissions to a specified item in a SharePoint list.
URL:

{SiteUrl}​/_api/Web/Lists/getByTitle('{List Name}​')/Items({ID})/roleassignments/addroleassignment(principalid={Approver Group (ID)}, roledefid=1073741827)

The account to be granted has acquired the group ID from the specified item in the SharePoint list.

24575iA5DCA93962C6BB87.png

24576iDA6882F12934476E.png

With this feature
If multiple accounts are set in one item, will the loop function call the API for the number of accounts?

I would like to know if there is a way to grant permissions to multiple accounts at once.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @RN , 

i am not 100 % sure, if i understood you question correctly, but yes if you use a loop, you can call this action twice or how often you want to loop throught.

Sven

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

The SharePoint Online Update Item Permissions Action can update the permissions on an item with multiple accounts at the one time.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/SharePointOnline-UpdateItemPermission.htm

SimonMuntz San

Thank you for the information.

With "Update item permissions", you can grant permissions to multiple accounts at once.

BestRegards

Sven San

Thank you for your reply.
When using it, specify the number of loops and execute it.

BestRegards