Solved

Target Window Non-Persistent, Retarget

• 4 February 2020
  • 4 replies

For practice, I created 100 random contacts, and wrote a script to import them into the "Untitled - Contacts " window in Outlook.

I didn't do a lot of testing, it was a scrap practice script.

I wanted to run another test today, to find that (after a couple of reboots) etc. that Foxtrot can no longer locate the target window.

When I go into details, nothing was maintained. Upon exporting the details to text, they (the details) are encrypted.

Is there a way to concrete down finicky windows or a best practice I can use to avoid this?

Barring above, is there a quick way to retarget the window without having to recreate all the actions?

Thanks,

Brandon

icon

Best answer by Aaron_Bultman 7 February 2020, 21:51

View original

4 replies

OK, so an office patch is the culprit for a class name change of the (contacts) window. Best practice question is resolved.

A 'no' is acceptable for my remaining second question:

"Barring above, is there a quick way to retarget the window without having to recreate all the actions?"

Hi @Brandon ,

No, there is no way to update target details for multiple Actions at the same time today.  Do you have an opinion of how you would want this to work?

If we could have the targeting reticle attached to editing GetValue/SendValue/Click commands above the 'Rules' (as the first item under 'Target') that could be a good spot GUI-wise.

It could then just use the initial routine, and we could redefine the window rules ourselves (active title bar text).

Good input, @Brandon!  I have captured your idea as an enhancement request for consideration.