RPA Central Permissions - Banks

• 12 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get other bank's input.  We are wanting to deploy bots to various business units but finding that because there are no permissions in RPA Central that this becomes challenging.  Has anyone come up with a solution so that loan operations only has access to their botflows, deposit operations only has access to their botflows, etc? 

Thank you.

4 replies

I have not, but I like the idea!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Lori, 

We are in the process of designing additional permissions capabilities.  Alternatively, other Banks have completely automated botflows by scheduling botflows to run on virtual machines as unattended.  Therefore, eliminating the need to deploy to other business units to run the botflows as attended.  Business units work with IT to write requirements, IT Analyst designs the botflows and runs on a scheduled basis in production on virtual machines.  With this ops process, permissions are no longer required for Business Units, as processes are scheduled to run on a schedule, unattended.  Hope this help as another way to think about RPA for business units.

Sasan

Thank you, Sasan.  With what we do at the bank and the requirements of the business units, unattended is not applicable due to security reasons.  We cannot have an unattended bot used when bankers need to sign in using their credentials-security is given to each person depending on their position at the bank.  It would be a HUGE security issue to run unattended bots.  Our examiners would find many levels of faults in this.  Hence the reason we need permissions/security groups in RPA Central.  And in the current platform we are having difficulties with this.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Lori,

Absolutely and understandable!  Other customers have also used the Credential action to address security concerns.

Sasan