Solved

RPA Central Command Line Launch

• 28 January 2020
  • 4 replies

With RPA Central (SQL stored botflows), will it still be possible to execute botflow from the command line (Task Scheduler etc.)?

Example:

start "Foxtrot" "C:Program Files (x86)Foxtrot SuiteFoxtrotFoxtrot.exe" /Open p:Brandon C.rpa /Run /silent /exit

icon

Best answer by john_armstrong 28 January 2020, 21:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Brandon 

With this release of RPA Central, it is no longer possible to run botflows with command line prompts. Over the coming months, the feature gap between RPA Central and previous versions will be closed so keep an eye out for those updates.

I am curious what functionality you're getting out of a batch file versus the built-in scheduler in RPA Schedule.

Thanks,

John.

"I am curious what functionality you're getting out of a batch file versus the built-in scheduler in RPA Schedule."

I'm still learning Foxtrot, but in my experience it's been fairly useful for interoperability's sake to be able to call one solution from another, in both directions.

It's a little inconvenient for me to be learning Foxtrot at a time where the feature set is in flux, so rather than assume I thought I'd ask, and I'm glad I did.

-thanks

Hi @john_armstrong@Brandon

Allow me to pitch in on this. We are also currently waiting on this for the new version(s) of Nintex RPA as we can't upgrade our customers without this feature.

The new RPA Central offers only very limited scheduling options, no File Trigger, and no batch file support to allow you to set up custom triggers. And even when, at some point, the RPA Central is rich with functionality, batch file functionality is still essential as it allows you to configure fully customizable triggers and logic. With batch files, you can utilize the Task Scheduler in Windows that offers a lot more scheduling options than RPA Central, and you are also able to utilize, for example, your Automation Orchestrator built with Python.

It's also worth noting that all competitors, other RPA tools, offers this. Here are some examples

Excited to start my Nintex RPA Expert Training today....

About this course

In this learning module, we will scrape data from the FDIC website to interact with Excel tables and create an Income and Expense report. We will trigger a Botflow using a Batch File. Monitoring an email account and creating formulas are also included.

Key Objectives:
•Use Nintex RPA Help files.
•Schedule a Botflow to run using a Batch File.
•Create Custom Lists.
•Use advanced Excel actions.
•Monitor an email account.
•Create formulas that manipulate data.