cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Open Workbook Error 13: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Applicati'

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I am new to Nintex RPA and trying to create one bot which starts by openning a workbook. Once I try to run the script, the action "Open Workbook" give me the following error: "Error 13: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with ID.....failed due to the following error: Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802B (TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND))." (see attachment).

I tried with different workbooks and only with this action. I am using local version of Excel of O365.

I appreciate in advance for any help.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Open Workbook Error 13: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Applic

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Open Workbook Error 13: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Applic

Jump to solution

Hi @AR_Nintex 

This article may be useful for you:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/rpa/Troubleshooting/FixExcelFileImport.htm

The issue outlined is not an exact match, but the solution should be the same.

Let us know how it goes.

-John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Sasan, 

Thank you for your help. I tried but none of them could help me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi John, 

Tried this solution and it worked. Thanks a lot for your kind help. 

Regards,

0 Kudos