Issue targeting emulator when using IBM i Access Client Solutions v1.1.8.5

• 19 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Our core vender, JHA, is requiring us to upgrade our emulator to the newest version 1.1.8.5. I've upgraded it and now RPA cannot target the emulator. I've followed the instructions on the following link, https://download.nintex.com/foxtrot/GettingStarted/IBM%20iAccess%20(Java)%20Setup%20Guide%20for%20Foxtrot%20RPA.pdf, and everything seems to be set up correctly but it still will not target the emulator. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 reply

Make sure you have the bridge installed and that you have copied all the files within the bridge folder (located: C:Program Files (x86)IBMEHLLAPI) into the install folder of the emulator usually located here if you used the installer included in the download (C:UsersPublicIBMClientSolutionsStart_ProgramsWindows_i386-32).  If you have all this done and you still can't connect, make sure you are launching the 32 bit emulator since RPA can only connect to the 32 bit emulator.  Once you launch the emulator check the about to make sure that the 32 bit emulator is launched because if you don't have 32 bit java installed it will launch the 64 bit emulator instead.