Solved

Get Data from Imported file

• 12 May 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

I am using vbscript to write to a file. How do I access the data from an imported file?

For example, the imported file contains loan numbers. When writing to the text file, how can I include the loan number?

I'm using this to write a RPA value to a vbscript string (Stamp is a varaible created in Foxtrot):

dim strValueIf RPAEngine.GetVar("Stamp", strValue) = True Thenmsgbox strValue, vbInformation, "Result"Elsemsgbox "the value can not be retrieved." vbcritical, "Result"End If

Any help is greatly appreciated

icon

Best answer by john_armstrong 2 July 2020, 16:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @jmuslin 

It looks like in your example, you've gotten it nailed down how to pull in a value from a Variable.

If I am understanding your question right, you're wanting to do the same thing but with a loaded Data set instead of a Variable?

This Help article outlines all the available RPA functions for those types of actions:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/rpa/Advanced/Programming_Action_Functions/VBScript_Functions.htm

So to pull in a value from Data, you should first store that Data field into a Variable and then from there you've got your answer 🙂

Let me know if there is anything else!

-John