Question

sharepoint workflow task delete

• 8 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

hi. I have created the workflow for my list and inside the status screen. it show the data will be removed on specified date. Please see the attached. May i know the data will be removed is in the yellow box or red box? 

Anyway to retain these data permanently as we need to have these data serve as audit log

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @kennylim 

Firstly, you wouldn’t be able to arrive at that page as the link in the previous page will be remove

Secondly, the workflow instance page is remove along with all the Task Assignment and Workflow History. 

Badge +2

ok. for instance, i have created the adhoc task list to store these instead (as shown in screenshot). Will the server wipe out the data in this list? 

or what is the method to prevent log data wipe out by server

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @kennylim 

This requires additional effort.

You can save the workflow Transaction details into 
 - a SharePoint List
​ ​​​​​​- a multiline column in the same list.
 - SQL Server
 - any other database that Nintex can connect to

I am using a HTML Table to save into a List multiline column. This is what appears on the Form

Badge +2

Hi @kennylim 

This requires additional effort.

You can save the workflow Transaction details into 
 - a SharePoint List
​ ​​​​​​- a multiline column in the same list.
 - SQL Server
 - any other database that Nintex can connect to

I am using a HTML Table to save into a List multiline column. This is what appears on the Form

meaning you copy the data from the workflow task and store in others destination? 

or do you actually create a task to store data at each approval, or action in the workflow? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I create a set of tasks to store data at each approval, or action in the workflow.

- Need to get the Date Time
 - Need to split into Date and Time
 - Need to determine either System or if user retrieve user’s Display Name
 - Need to create the Description

You get the idea

Badge +2

I create a set of tasks to store data at each approval, or action in the workflow.

- Need to get the Date Time
 - Need to split into Date and Time
 - Need to determine either System or if user retrieve user’s Display Name
 - Need to create the Description

You get the idea

ok. is it something like i show in the screenshot. i put a task after the ‘request input’ to create an item in another list. Then once the user input complete. then the workflow will write an entry into the list i selected?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

ok. is it something like i show in the screenshot. i put a task after the ‘request input’ to create an item in another list. Then once the user input complete. then the workflow will write an entry into the list i selected?

The screenshot in the first message? You could simulate the same entry. 

I create a set of tasks to store data at each approval, or action in the workflow.

You are free to define what needs to be recorded down. You could log an entry before a Task and/or after a Task (with the Task Outcome and Comments)

Badge +2

The screenshot in the first message? You could simulate the same entry. 

I create a set of tasks to store data at each approval, or action in the workflow.

You are free to define what needs to be recorded down. You could log an entry before a Task and/or after a Task (with the Task Outcome and Comments)

someething like this

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yes, correct. 1 create item for each key action or task