"Cancel" button not found on print dialogue

Badge +9

Hello,

I'm doing an "On Your Own" exercise in Nintex University's Nintex Bot Practitioner v17 course.  One of the steps is to target and click the "Cancel" button in a print dialogue (the "fancier" one, I'm not sure if it's got another name but it's not a traditional print dialogue).  I can't get it to work, it keeps returning "The target was not found".

I'm using the Microsoft Edge browser.

Has anyone else encountered this?  I fiddled around with the target settings, but seeing how many "parents" there are I'm wondering if it'll be more complex than the exercise means for me to try to troubleshoot.

Thank you,

13 replies

Is RPA able to target anything on the printer dialog window?  If so, maybe you can target that field, and send tabs down to the cancel option, followed by pressing the spacebar.

Badge +9

Hey @devinweber , thanks for the quick response.

I can target the "Cancel" button but when I run the bot task that is when it will give the error.  I can try random things to see if I can get something to work, but that leads me to my next question...

Similar to your suggestion, I thought that if I could hit the "Esc" key on the keyboard that would work, but I haven't figured out how to use key strokes.  It also seems like the keystrokes you can hit are limited (Looking at Actions Quick Reference (nintex.com)), and space bar is also not one of them.  Have you been able to bot pressing spacebar?

Once you target something, use the "send value", in the Send box, click on the magic wand, on the right side you'll find Keyboard.  There you will find Esc, Spacebar, F keys, etc.  Hope this helps!!

Side note, I've had to put in plenty of workarounds to get past different anomalies to make it through a project.  The dev team seems to be fairly responsive in deploying fixes, which is a plus!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi, Vicky,

Can you send a screenshot of the Details for the Cancel button? You'll see the details below the preview in the Rules pane on the action.

You could also try setting the UIA Targeting Override option in the Tools menu for the action.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +9

@michta I'm afraid I don't understand your direction of there the details are located.  I've attached all the screenshots for the Cancel button setup as I'm aware of.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Understood. See the attached screens for the locations of what I'm asking about. If you could save the details and share them here, that would be best.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +9

Hello @michta,

I didn't see either of those options, so for future reference...

- "Comfort Level" of professional is required to see the "Details" button, and

- "Comfort Level" of expert is required to see "UIA Targeting Override"

Details attached.  Enabling "UIA Targeting Override" didn't resolve it, unfortunately.  Thanks for your assistance!

Badge +9

Nice find @devinweber!  That works 🙂

@michta is taking a further look at the "Cancel" button so stay tuned to see what they learn.

In the meantime, I hope that I will benefit from your extensive workaround experience again in the future.  Thank you and take care!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Cool, thanks @VictoriaD. Can you try Google Chrome and see if you can target the Cancel button? Also, what version of RPA Bot are you running?

Badge +9

@michta I have installed Chrome but now attempting to run the script tells me Microsoft Edge isn't running.  Do I have to change my default browser for it to switch over, is there a setting in Nintex Bot that I can change, or do I have to re-create each task?

My Nintex Bot is Enterprise Edition, Version 17.5.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

You'll have to recreate it, but only create as many actions as you need to in order to test targeting and executing the buttons on the Print dialog for that site.

Badge +9

I decided to only have the action of clicking Cancel on a print dialogue in my newly created Botflow and encountered the same error.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Ok, thank you. We'll do some investigation on our side and may reach out to you. Can you send me a quick email so I have your contact information vs. continuing to use this thread? My email is mike.talley@nintex.com.

Thanks,

Mike