Unable to Save .msg file on RPA

• 12 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to save a .msg file locally from an Email using email-save attachment on RPA but have been unsuccessful.  Are there any file type limitations with the Save Attachment action? 

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi, @nmedeiros, I'm not aware of any limitations as to the types of attachments that you can save using Save Attachment. Is it an email attached to the email that you're working with? Do other attachments (jpg, xlsx, docx) work?

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +1
Hi @michta, yes that's exactly what I am trying to do. I have been able to save .xlsx files without an issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Ok, thanks for confirming. I've created a task for us to test this and determine why it's failing. I can't give you an ETA at the moment but feel free to ping me here on this thread for an update.

Badge +1
Thank you @michta I will follow up with you soon in hopes there is an update. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I wanted to let you know that this functionality will not be in the upcoming release, 17.7.0, but we've got it planned for a future release, probably the next one after 17.7.0.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi, @nmedeiros, the latest release now has the ability for you to download email attachments that are other emails. You can find the download link in the release notes: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/platform/ReleaseNotes/NintexRPA.htm

Thanks,

Mike