Keyboard Send Values Do Not Send in Scheduled Botflows

• 16 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I'm looking for advice. Many of my scripts rely on setting the keyboard and sending a ctrl+v command to paste data. In particular, a certain webpage I work with will not recognize any input if you use the bypass keyboard function, so that is not a realistic option. The script runs fine if you have the RDP connection opened and the window not minimized on a monitor. Even if the RDP instance is launched, but the window is minimized then keyboard values will not send. Any ideas on what could be the cause or how to circumvent this issue? Has anyone had success sending values without bypassing the keyboard in a scheduled script? Clearly if we are scheduling botflows we will not have the RDP connection launched and visible on a monitor

1 reply

This is not an uncommon issue when a script is using the keyboard or mouse, as most do.  There are a couple of ways to get around it.  First I would suggest trying the tscon utility when you log out of the RDP session. This utility returns the control to the original local session on the remote computer and bypasses the login screen. All programs on the remote computer continue running normally, including the Nintex Bots.  You can find the instructions on how to use it in the Nintex help article https://help.nintex.com/en-US/rpa/Actions/Unlock.htm?Highlight=unlocker under the 'Best practices for remote desktops and virtual machines' section.  If this is not an option for you try leaving the RDP Session open and slide it off the screen of the host machine where it is out of the way but visible enough to move back and close.