Solved

Interfacing with Web Application drop down lists

• 30 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am using RPA to enter values onto a web page.  There are instances where I will need to select an option from a drop down list.  When targeting the dropdown, RPA does not recognize a drop down.  I am therefore unable to make a selection. When I send a click, the drop down list appears but there is no option to select or search.  I am unable to script the correct selection.   Is there a way to script this instance?

Attachments are included to show what is displayed.  When the click is sent and selection 2 displays, I am unable to read text or select the proper value when targeting the selection.

icon

Best answer by chubbardsr1 18 August 2020, 20:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Which browser are you using?

Have you set the right zoom settings? See tech help here.

Badge +1

I am using IE.  I found I am able to use mouse recordings to make the selection.

I was under the impression that Chrome was not an option for Foxtrot. Is that incorrect?

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

If you are using Nintex RPA v16.5.X, then Google Chrome and MS Edge are also available to you now.  And glad the mouse recording function solved the issue.

@mphillips_bokf I have seen this in the past with Bootstrap style input boxes.  This drop down is actually a text box with a click trigger attached to it.  You should be able to target and Send Value to this, as the drop down is really a text box with a Formatted Div tag to make it appear like a more fancy drop down.  

You won't have the Select Item, Or Dropdown Search available in RPA.  But you should be able to send the value and have RPA check the screen for any errors if there are any.