Solved

Call a bot via REST

Badge +17
@john_armstrong Is it possible to set up a bot that I can call via a REST call to do a particular set of steps, then return the data from those steps as a response to that call? Or should the bot make its own POST call with the responding data?
icon

Best answer by john_armstrong 20 May 2019, 23:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey Eric,

The short answer is no, you can't directly call a Bot thru REST right now. But, if you've got access to NWC we can make it work :smileyhappy:

Basically, you can use a REST call to start a 1 action Workflow. In the Workflow, you'd have DocGen to create an Excel file with the info required, with the output placed into a cloud drive, like OneDrive or Google Drive. Foxtrot can monitor a folder for this file, then open & scrape the data to preform the steps needed. After that is done, then you can setup the REST POST call in Foxtrot to return to the original system.

Let me know if I should clarify anything! :smileyvery-happy:

If I may pitch in here - I would consider just sending an email from NWC to an email inbox that a Foxtrot is monitoring (or an Outlook that then generates a file like in this article https://support.foxtrotalliance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018207251). With email, you can both include data inside the message body and attach files that Foxtrot can grab for further processing.

Badge +17

Thanks for this article, I will take a look into that and see if that gets me going in the right direction.