Solved

hashtag system in 'assign roles' field

• 29 July 2020
  • 2 replies

hi. when editing a process, shouldn't i be able to hashtag a system in the 'assign roles' field? relevant text from promapp help documentation: "To add a tag, click on the Assign a role field and type the tag name starting with a #. For example: #Nintex-Automated." whenever i type the hashtag, all i get back is 'no data found' - a problem i've had in two different promapp environments. pls note that i can hashtag the very same systems in the activity description, notes or task fields without any problems. but i'm trying to simply tag the system without mentioning it in the displayed text of those fields. (system tagging is enabled, of course, and i am editing with promaster rights.) thanks for any help you can offer.

icon

Best answer by BrettHutchinson 30 July 2020, 02:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

In a the Assign roles section, you can just type the system name if you wish to represent it in the swimlanes. Assign roles does not link to our tagging section. 

Otherwise, if it is entered as a System and is mentioned in the activities, it will show up as a System tag automatically. Or if you would like to capture as a separate tag type, you can use the hashtags in activities and tasks.

I have found the help information you've quoted and it does look inaccurate to me. I'll run this by the team to have it updated.

thanks for the clarification and your quick response. yes, i had noted that i can select the system in 'roles' and have it appear alongside the human actor in the swimlane label. i was hoping i could just do behind-the-scenes tagging and make all the system names visible only when i select the systems view, but promapp's such a great product that you won't hear me grumbling about anything! thanks again