Solved

autosave option?

• 10 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Is there a configuration option for Promapp to "autosave"? We have had cases when you are editing a process, and someone either leaves the page by accident or browser closes, they lose all their work

icon

Best answer by jamesr0ss 23 January 2020, 03:23

View original

6 replies

@humair Promapp does not have an "autosave" option.  It would not fit in with the current framework of the application because every time you click on save, a new version is created, and you can access previous versions from the Change Log tab.  I'm not saying that it's a bad idea as I have lost hours of work when I just started using Promapp, until I realize that saving is saving me endless hours of pain.

@jamesr0ss Thank You for the confirmation!

Userlevel 1

There is a keyboard shortcut for saving and that's ALT+S.

You could pass this on and hopefully process mappers will build that habit of ALT+S if they're worried about mistakenly closing the browser. 

Though, do be careful as ALT+S in Outlook, when composing an email, is to Send email so if you've built the habit of ALT+S and continue to do that even when composing an email, you may end up sending unfinished emails.

Thank You @Wesso 

Hi Wesso

Is there any chance of retrieving my work, when I lost it as my browser crashed?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi @viv3411 only saw your message now.

Unfortunately there is no way (that I know of) to recover what you've done on a process if you did not save prior to closing the browser.