Solved

Promapp for customer service calls

• 7 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Has anyone used Promapp for their front office customer service calls?

icon

Best answer by BrettHutchinson 14 August 2019, 03:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

One tip for using Promapp for frontline service calls is to make a process/procedure only that acts as an FAQ for those common processes the team is doing all the time.

They can they keep one process up for the most part - and if you link out from notes to these processes, it's quick to access. Then anything that isn't there, can either be attached to their role or they would need to search for to access.

Keep it focused on the common or needed process links; otherwise, after a certain piont of linking out across the site process performance may slow.

Hi there! Yes, I have used Promapp for front line customer service teams. We had to do a few things to help get the change to stick when we first rolled out. What were you using before Promapp?

Hi Diana... I'm interested to know how you handled the raft of potential call reasons and routing of these within the organisation through process mapping.  We are a aid and development agency and receive enquiries through email or phone.  These may be "common questions" (like can I get a copy of my tax receipt) or "more unusual" (like can we have someone come and talk to our school).  The latter needs clarity around response and routing.  Want to think about how to have the user interface be simple and clear.

We aren't yet "live"... struggling through resource issues to get processes in... but thinking we will need a sharepoint interface to enable searches linked to promapp processes... have you done any of this? 

Can you tell me more?  Many Thanks - Jo @ Tearfund

Hi Jo,

Just to clarify, are you considering a client interface for these types of "FAQS"? or is this for internal reference? In either case, using a sharepoint platform for purposes of search and faqs is an excellent approach. This is one spot where the permalink feature of Promapp can be exceptionally beneficial and ensures that you can always direct people to the appropriate process or refence material. I have seen several cases of this applied for both internal and external users. What do you use today to help direct the work? Is it mostly "tribal knowledge"?

Hi Diana... I think that your term "tribal kowledge" captures current practice perfectly!  We have a supporter relations (SR) team that deal with incoming 0800 phone calls and "enquiries@tearfund.org.nz" emails - with 80% of standard scenarios covered by a core 20% of responses that can be dealt with by the team - but then 20% that come in through our SR team but also others in the organisation that we need to get directed to the right place and with a consistent response.  We are newly into our promapp implementation but see sharepoint as being the core user interface.  Just a long way to go to get there.  We don't have enough in the system to deliver value to our users yet and, being a charity, run lean with a huge breadth.  Would be great to have an opportunity to see how you have set things up if you were up for this?  Jo

What are the advantages of using SharePoint as the main interface/search versus the built in Promapp interface? It appears Promapp now has keyword search, groups, etc.

We are about to launch a new SharePoint site so I don't want to miss an opportunity! Thanks,

We are starting from scratch. Large organisation with no call centre, just lots of 1300 numbers going to all sort of operational areas