Error sharing process group link

• 19 February 2020
  • 5 replies

We have created a hierarchy of processes using process groups. The top level group (call it process group 1) contains four other process groups (lets call them 1a, 1b, 1c and 1d). Within each of those four groups, there are a number of processes. When the top level group is shared, you can click into group 1a (minimode) but the message below is shown when you try to click in one of the processes contained within that group.

'This process requires special permission(s) to view it. Use "My Profile" from the tools menu to request permissions if appropriate'

I'm a promaster and I still get this message. We'd like to share the processes at the group level to show how they all fit together. Is this possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 1

What are your settings for Minimode in Promapp?

If you could post a screen shot of your settings from Promapp > Admin > Configure > Minimode that might help for someone trying to figure out what the issue may be.

I've tried playing around our site with Viewing Permissions but can't seem to replicate your error.

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a screenshot of the config. I originally had Minimode links to restricted processes require login (Default: On) set to 'on'. I turned that off and it made no difference.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I reported a problem with the process group link in August last year and it was acknowledged the minimode config setting mentioned below (restricted processes require login) was defective and not working.

I had read the help to determine what would be viewable when I shared the process group link, and was told the information in the Help is misleading and was being reviewed. I haven't revisited this recently so I don't know whether it's been updated.

Our only solution at the time was to run a report filtered to the process group, including minimode link, and exporting it to Excel. Yes this is fairly unsatisfactory as it doesn't give the picture of how the processes all fit together, but it was the only solution available.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Just wanted to make sure that you don't have any view permissions set for folders in those that are included in that group overview.  That would prevent the content to be viewable in mini-mode and would require login.

I remember seeing a similar system generated message for this.

I think we are using a similar approach to using process groups to represent a process hierarchy, see image attached.  Using the mini-mode link to the group overview has been working fine.

Have you found a solution to your issue?

Badge +6

hi :)

have you found a resolution to your issue? I'm happy to help if you haven't - feel free to send me a message through here by clicking on my profile pic and selecting 'send message' so we can set up some time to chat.

Lauren