cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Automate linking people to roles

We have a large organisation with many staff changes, how can we automate the allocation of people to roles, or do this via a report upload on a regular basis to ensure roles are always current?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Automate linking people to roles

If you are a Promaster in Promapp you are able to do a bulk upload of user and role lists. To do this navigate to either the User or Roles section, select the cog icon at the top right hand corner and select the import option. This will then give you an excel spreadsheet which can be populated and uploaded into Promapp. For more information on how to do this please have a look at our help documents for ‘Manage Users’ and ‘Manage Roles and Responsibilities’ 

There are also a number of ideas around how this this could be improved on User Voice. I encourage you to review and vote on these ideas or even suggest your own. 

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

@NessL wrote:

If you are a Promaster in Promapp you are able to do a bulk upload of user and role lists. To do this navigate to either the User or Roles section, select the cog icon at the top right hand corner and select the import option. This will then give you an excel spreadsheet which can be populated and uploaded into Promapp.

We use the import function to create new users and assign them a role (including auto creation of their role if it doesn't already existin in Promapp). To our knowledge the method outlined above cannot be used to *change* a users role; it will add an additional role but not remove a role already assigned to their user account.

I'd love to be wrong so please let me know if that's the case. It will save me a large amount of time manually updating existing user accounts assigned roles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

oh that looks interesting. I'll have to talk to ICT to see if this is possible in our org.
Thanks!
0 Kudos