What is the best way to deal with staff who leave (maternity or otherwise)

• 6 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

What is the best way to transfer roles and process ownership when someone leaves the workplace (Maternity leave or otherwise)?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

In a healthy Promapp site, you should be able to rely on Process Group Champions to be aware of any staff changes in their area. To assist them, you should send them a monthly report on these changes, to remind them to transfer roles or disable users as necessary.

Rely on Process Group Champions to be aware of any staff changes in their area & send them a monthly report to remind them to transfer roles or disable users.

Hi there, I noticed the two posts mention reports are sent. Can you please specify which reports are sent and if these reports are modified in any way.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi TK, I think the answer is slightly confusing. Here is what I see work best:

You should work with your HR counterparts, and determine if they are able to provide you a report (this is what is being referenced in the previous replies). Ideally, this report will highlight onboarding, crossboard (people switching roles), and offboarding (exits/mat leave).

From this report, you would then go into Promapp and make the required updates, such as changing/adding roles, or transferring processes to new owners and experts. You would likely work with your Process Group Champions as part of this admin task.

You'll also hopefully get the one off notifications from Process Group Champions when there are major people related changes in their world, but having the connection with HR is essential to streamline these admin tasks that are required.

Do you know when Active Directory will be integrated with Promapp?

With over 350 current users and only one Directorate using this product at the moment it is very administrative and not the best work around. This product may be rolled out to the rest of the organisation, but if Active Directory is not integrated, I don't see how it would be sustainable. The Process Owners, Experts, Champions may not always be correct, then you have to transfer processes to new people and so forth. It is not a viable workaround.

We've got 1200 users and I administer Promapp reasonably successfully, although I'm fortunate that it's a documented part of my role and our team is reasonably stable.

I'd like to see Promapp integrated with Active Directory also, to help prepopulate roles. However even then manual intenvention will be required to ensure experts, owners and champions are up to date - I wouldn't want the system automatically reassigning these without someone checking them first.

I know in Q1 of 2020 delegation of roles is due out which will help.

Usually, before leaving a job at an agency or a certain job. The person responsible for the current job (retiring) must hand over the copy to the new employee or superior before leaving. 11met