Solved

Variance Scenarios in Timeframes

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone could please explain what Variance Scenarios would be used for in Timeframes? I've tried looking through training materials (e.g. Nintex University, etc) and can't pinpoint anything specific to this feature.

I'm drafting a User Guide for my workplace and just want to make sure I'm explaining the purpose of variance scenarios accurately. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Geri

icon

Best answer by ishansellahewa 14 June 2021, 12:28

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi Geri, 

This allows you to capture and report on the additional time if a variance occurs.

For example, you might have a process where a customer submits a form to request assistance to solve an issue. The happy flow is that the form is sent to your customer service team who assess the request and triage it to the relevant rep to contact the customer. 

There could be a variation that when the customer service team assesses the form they realise that it is missing information and send the form back to the customer to resubmit so they can properly triage. Using the timeframe variance, you can show that if this variance takes place it adds x amount of additional time. This then will allow you to show that if the form is filled in correctly the process (i.e the time it takes between a customer filling in the form and receiving support) takes Y hours to complete, but if the form is incorrectly the time is now Y + X. Additionally, if you have costs turned on you will also be able to show the cost of the variance. 

This can give you valuable insights to help drive process improvement. 

Cheers,

Ishan

Hi Ishan,

This is the perfect explanation, thank you so much. I was on the right track but couldn't articulate it as well as you have.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Geri