User does not have the 'appropriate rights' to view a process

A user is receiving an error message when trying to access a process they are the SME on.  The error message says they do not have the appropriate rights.  I have checked all the permissions and they are all ok.  I am completely flummoxed as to why they are unable to access this process.  Please help!

2 replies

This might be unlikely, but I had this issue just yesterday. 

In my case, the user's email address had changed.  A new user record was automatically created with the new email address (something to do with active directory and single sign-on).  So there were now two different users - the user that was the process expert (old email address) and the user that was logged in trying to access that process (new email address).

Check your user list to see if there are two records with the same name.

Alternatively, check if the group they are trying to access has a special viewing permission.

Good luck!

Badge +6

Hi @Kazza13 

Feel free to shoot me an email - lauren.raymond@nintex.com with some more details. I'm happy to look into it for you, I'll just need your site details, user and process details and your ok to access your site through a support login. Or I'm happy to set some time up for us to connect and share screens where you can walk me through it.

Whatever works for you 🙂

Lauren