Question

identify current item triggered workflow

• 16 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have a list workflow and design to start when new item added. But when the workflow run. how do i get the current item which triggered the workflow run? I want to get the value of the column of current item 

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi Kenny,

I think you’re referring to the list item of the list. If that’s the case you can get the value of the list item using the Start event → Start variable → ID (for the SharePoint list item ID) or Item URL (for the URL of the item).

best regards,

Paul

Badge +2

Hi Kenny,

I think you’re referring to the list item of the list. If that’s the case you can get the value of the list item using the Start event → Start variable → ID (for the SharePoint list item ID) or Item URL (for the URL of the item).

best regards,

Paul

ok. so after getting the ID. i should use ‘Query list’ to retrive the item details?

Badge +4

Hi Kenny,

No, you should have the details already as your start event is linked to the SharePoint list.

If you add in a simple action like “Send an Email” and click into the body and click on Insert you should be able to see all the sharepoint columns from your list.

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @kennylim 

I believe that @PScyner68 has answered your question

You can use a Log to Instance action to display your starting values. Start Event ID should give you the List Item ID which started the workflow

Log Output