Solved

Transferring a Process to a new Expert leaves ToDos and Reviews orphaned

How can I reassign related ToDos and Reviews, that were previously created on a process, before it moved to a new Expert? They didn't automatically move to the Expert.

icon

Best answer by melissaf 13 May 2020, 03:30

View original

3 replies

I don't know that you can actually. You can produce a 'todo' list report that will show you all the 'todos' across all processes and then you will see what is assigned to the previous User. You should still be able to see 'todos' in the process and on the 'todo' tab, regardless who wrote it. It is a bit of a workaround but if the process SME or Owner is reassigned they still should be able to see 'todos'.

Thanks, Michelle - so there's no way to get them out of the original Expert's My ToDo Items on the Dashboard?  The only thing I can think of is to have the new Expert delete and recreate every ToDo in each process so that they are assigned to them instead. Unfortunately that's not very effieicent since we're in the middle of a very large project establishing a couple dozen new processes.

@todo's can be reassigned by viewing the 'To Do' list in the Edit tab and clicking the pencil icon. This then allows a new person to be selected and the @todo moves to them. I regularly use this as I write processes on behalf of people, then reassign the @todo's as applicable so they can complete the tasks prior to publishing.