Solved

Systems List development - Name Field Spacing of system names

Badge +1

In System when adding a system into the  System List in the name field - is there a way of inputting a system name with more than one string?

Please can you advise if this is a improvement initiative, or whether  something already possible in the current system I'm not aware of? 

Thank you in advance. 

Denise 

icon

Best answer by Nintex_Sam 12 May 2022, 16:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good day, @DeniseMJ!

By "inputting a system name with more than one string", do you mean a system name with spaces? If so, I ran into this sort of issue when I was a Promaster in a past life. What we ended up doing, and is a solid suggested practice, is to have underscores in the System Name, with a version of the system's name without underscores in the Tag(s) field. Once Promapp re-indexes, it will pick up all versions of the name:

You could also add in acronyms in the tags section to catch any of that type of usage like OWC, as well as alternate usages.

Hope that helps! 

-Sam

Badge +1

Hi Sam, 

Many thanks for coming back on this - you are correct in your understanding.  I did mean a system name with spaces. I'll share this with the Lead Champion on the project. Thank you again for coming back on this for me. 

Best regards

Denise 🙂 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

We have some upcoming how-to content around Systems, so I'll make sure to include this practice in the deliverable.

-Sam

Additionally, you can add your vote and comments to this post in UserVoice https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/919189-7-nintex-promapp/suggestions/42096556-change-system-list-requirements-to-allow-spaces-in